Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Day after the Bronx

Pam and I wanted to head to a different neighborhood to grab some lunch.

"I need sunglasses."

We took the subway to Union Square and walked around for a bit, hoping to stumble on a decent place to grab some food. It was one of those days when everything we said was inexplicably funny.

"Did I mention I need sunglasses?"

After about 10 minutes we found Maxie's Bar & Grill, which was almost empty. Turkey burger was hard but the the staff was great and yet again we made new friends because of Pam's Red Sox shirt. I think one was a Mets fan and one was an Orioles fan. Not sure, but either way they both hated the Yankees. Several times before our food even arrived we were getting looks for uncontrolled fits of laughter.

"This sure is a happy table, huh?"

I think we were only on our first beer. Food was just okay but at least we got to catch up on the Little League World Series (go Guam!). Before heading out we decided to hit up the bathrooms. Our toilet was still inoperable at this time. I walk into the mens room and naturally the toilet in there is completely totally disgustingly clogged. Go figure. We chose to walk back home.

"I need sunglasses."

No comments: